ctrl+v

Wednesday 22 May 2013

An open and grateful heart. Gratitude and abundance quote Sarah Ban Brethnach


Whatever we are waiting for - peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance - it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.
Sarah Ban Breathnach



The more we have and are grateful for, the more will be given to us. Practicing gratitude on a daily basis is a very simple way of improving our state of mind and how we view the world. This in turn will lead to an increase in abundance in our lives. I see this very clearly in my business. Sometimes I go through a slump and I'm not selling very much for one reason or another. I often get very down at this and worried that I won't make enough money to support myself and my two girls. I have to remind myself that I have much to be grateful for in my life, a roof over my head being one big one! Somehow i can turn it around, start thinking more positively and sure enough the sales start to flow!

Abundance of course is not only found in material things. We generally need enough money coming in to support our needs however contentment often lies in the abundance of love and peace and the happiness of those around me. I know that I am happiest when those dear to me are happy and I feel their pain when they are not. It is hard to sometimes but a smile and a brave face on things when inside you may feel like crying but if you do this makes those around you happier and will ultimately lead to an abundance of happiness in your life. We shouldn't be waiting for happiness: "I'll be happy when I have finished work/the decorating/school etc" We can be happy here and now if we see the happiness in everyday things.

Abundance attracts further abundance. Gratitude leads to abundance. The key therefore is to step onto that ladder and start with gratitude. 

More of Sarah Ban Breathnach's lovely words can be found in her books:
Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy and The Simple Abundance Companion

  I wish for you peace and happiness on your own ladder of gratitude. Blessings, AstarteAlison xx

4 comments:

  1. There is true power in postitive thinking. Thanks for your visit and sweet comment. New follwer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks very much that's really nice of you to visit me back and comment, great to meet you, Warm wishes, Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post Alison! Very wise words! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete